Friday, August 14, 2009

Gnat Sauce

Oh Intertubes, I ask you, how do you avoid inhaling tiny flying insects?

I, as usual, am out handling my charges. Previous to, I put on sunscreen, sprayed myself down with Off!, and still inhaled about 5,000 gnats. I put a bandanna around my mouth, and that just let me chew on them for a while. The numbers I inadvertently inhaled through my nostrils defies modern science, and even old, defunct science.

I have a funny feeling that walking through some of the posh neighborhoods I deal with, wearing Mosquito netting, will cause some comment. Not all of it good, or even faintly amusing.

The really funny part of writing this, to me, is that Rummy has taken to "caving" underneath the desk in the office, a trait he's never shown before, when I write. This is both encouraging and scary. George, as usual, simply has collapsed on the sofa, and apparently is expecting afternoon cocktails and refreshments.

In other news,
The Truck is costing me blood donations.
Hopefully, the guys will get it done by Monday, and I'll have my beloved Feeona back with me, and she will actually work. On a regular basis.
Gosh, that'd be nice.
I'm off to go hose off the Off!, and then debate if I even need to eat dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment