Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Quickpee Challenge

Inspired by my wife's scary love of Top Chef, and knowing that my robust 3 year-old Labs need at least an afternoon break, I created this. I'm sure many, many other dog lovers know this trick, but I gave it a funny name. So there.

I get home, smelling like countless animals, which usually gets me a look from George, which, when translated, is
"You Whore."

I can take it.

Rummy doesn't care, he simply needs to pee. Having been in this situation, or worse, with a girl in this situation, at a concert, I can understand his predicament. And I have to get the mail.

However, the boys do get full walks day and night, along with several "mini-walks", and this just became one of them.

Anji always updates me about poop.

Yep.

Poop.

We always check in with each other about who pooped, and if it was a scary one that means NO MORE PASTA. FOR A WEEK. (Not kidding.)

The thing is, Intertubes, when you start coming home smelling like someone else's Bitch (no, the dog, you idiots) your own dogs get a tad antsy. As in, you walk in the door, and get kind of overwhelmed by the reception.
Like, knocked down.
So Anji and I started the mail-run, where the boys got to play, but only for a short time. We'd do a minimal start-up (if you walk a dog, you know this process can take what seems like YEARS), and then go get the mail.

And then go home.

During this short period, I have seen many trees, plants, and BMW's get peed upon.

Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I ignore my cell-phone (but of course check it later), because I have two goals:
1. Keep Rumple from peeing on his leash while I fumble with the key to the mail-box.
2. Keep George from trying to nose his way through the mail in my hand to find this week's copy of Star Weekly.

Then, it is "Where's your porch!", and both of them bound up the steps, and settle down.

Time for pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment